Well... this past weekend came and went, and just seemed to fly by for us. Our little girl turned TWO! How is this possible?! I honestly feel like she shouldn't even be 1 yet... where is the time going??
Kaylee's actual birthday was on Sunday, but we celebrated with her party a day early. I took the kids that morning to watch Emma's dance recital (which was adorable, by the way), then quickly zipped back home to finish getting ready and prepped for the party. We had been praying for good weather since it had rained on & off for a few days & had called for a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. Turns out that the day was just perfect; it had rained that morning & cooled everything off, and by party time, the sun was out, the day was beautiful and it wasn't too hot!!
Our theme was a "Two-Two" Birthday Party, complete with these adorable ballerina cupcakes that my girlfriend, Rebecca, made for us. I'm not sure how many dozen she actually made, but my guess was around 5-6 dozen; we have been enjoying cupcakes every day since & I love it!
The party started around 4:30, and Kaylee was napping up until around 4:10, so she was a bit grumpy for the first half of her party. Nonetheless, the kids started coming & the party began! We ended up having 40 of our friends over (21 kids, 19 adults... not including the Hams!), and we had a wonderful time. We had a large tent set up in the back yard with folding tables & chairs, a bouncy castle for the kids to play in, the sandbox ready for some major fun, and just lots of toys for them to enjoy. Granted, some kids still preferred to stay inside & play in the living room and in Austin's room too, which was totally fine (and expected).
For dinner, Justin grilled out hot dogs, brats & sausages. I had picked up some ready-made potato salad at HEB, but opted to make a delicious pot of baked beans (Justin's Moms' recipe) to enjoy as well. They were quite the hit... I think it was the pound of bacon that I added over the top of the beans before they slow-cooked all afternoon! Here was the finished product:
After a yummy dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl... and she, of course, got a bit shy. Nonetheless, she blew out her candles like a pro and was ready to devour a cupcake!
The kids were SOOOO ready for cupcakes and ice cream too. They were all yelling, "I want a blue one!" "I want a pink one!" I finally got the hungry savages served and they were happy...
...while Kaylee sat at the table and ever-so daintily ate her cupcake.
After dessert, it was time for presents! She was REALLY good at opening presents this year, much to the dismay of Austin & all of the other kids there; they were all wanting to open the presents for her, but she would have nothing to do with that!
She got some really great gifts from our wonderful friends: new books, a couple new baby dolls, Mrs. Potato Head, a Cinderella dress-up dress, 3 new outfits, a Princess Fairy dress-up dress & crown, a Slip 'n Slide (more on that in a later post!), a Princess matching game, new shoes, a Cheerleading dress-up dress... the fun was endless!!
(I love the face she's making in this picture as she's opening her Cinderella dress from Emma. It's like, "WOW! A dress!!!")
Slowly, our friends started to part ways & head home for the evening. A few stuck around, so we all headed outside for some end-of-party playing. The kids had such a great time playing together, and Kaylee was finally in a good enough mood to play and enjoy herself!
Our sandbox certainly got played with a lot!! That's what we built it for! These boys, Owen & Judson, are twins & I thought it was so super cute when they both got on these sand diggers (one of which is Austin's, and the other is Jackson's, our nextdoor neighbor boy) & started digging away. Cutie pies...
Austin had a great time too. He played SO hard & got SO sweaty by the end of the night. He kept telling us what a great time he had & how he loved having all of his friends over to play. He also made a few new friends, such as Judson (with him in this picture) and his twin, Owen. I run with their Mom & this was the first time we had them over, so we quickly decided this was something we just HAD to get together for more often; the boys loved playing together!!
Sunday morning came around & it was Kaylee's ACTUAL Birthday! I walked into her room at 9am (yes, she was still in bed -- I have some late-sleeping kids, which I LOVE!) & got video of her waking up on her birthday morning! We quickly went into the living room to open her birthday gifts from the family. Austin got her a new board puzzle (ballerina puzzle... so fitting with her birthday theme, huh?), and she had gotten a stack of cards from Grandparents, Aunt/Uncles, Great-Grandparents, etc. The video & picture below are the gifts she got from Justin's sister, Shelcey, and her family... (I think it's so cute how Austin asks to help her open it & she politely tells him "no". He was SO hoping to help her open all of her gifts this year...)
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, KAYLEE SHEA!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment