Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy Week!!

We have had quite the busy week, so I'm going to try to catch everyone up in this post:

After Kaylee's birthday party last Saturday, we used Sunday as "recovery day" and cleaned the house, yards, etc. Since Justin's left hand is still not able to be used much (thanks to the splint, mainly), I mowed the back yard for him! That marked the second time I've ever mowed our yard, so I was pretty proud of myself... and the kids wanted in on the action too!!



In addition, Austin just HAD to try out the Slip 'n Slide that some of our friends had gotten Kaylee for her birthday. It took a few times of Austin trying to learn the correct form (and even once of Justin trying to teach him himself!), but he's getting the hang of it now...

On Monday, while the kids & I went to Waco to visit our friends, Rebekah & Cilla, Justin went to the doctor that did his surgery, who OK'd his physical therapist to cut down his splint. Instead of it going up the majority of his forearm, it's more of just a hand & wrist splint now; we're hoping that he'll be able to do more now (though a few more weeks of physical therapy is still ahead).

Tuesday marked the first day of my summer school classes. Yes... already. I only had 1 1/2 weeks off before school started back up, but I can't complain. I'm taking Adolescent Psychology during the first 8 weeks; that class then overlaps a few weeks with my other class I'm taking, Teaching with Technology. Should be a fun summer!!

Wednesday morning was Austin's soccer lessons, quickly followed by Kaylee's 2-year well-check visit. (Austin has the bright blue ball in the picture below!)

Austin's friend, Landon, and his Mom took Austin to the sprinkler park after soccer so I could take Kaylee to the doctor & focus on her (and so Austin would have more fun playing with Landon too!). The doctor was pleased with how well Kaylee is doing.
Stats: Kaylee's 2-Year Weight: 26.5 pounds
Kaylee's 2-Year Height: 33.75 inches (calculations show she'll be 5'5" as an adult -- exactly my height!)
She's still in the 50th percentile for all of her measurements, except her head, of course, because Justin & I make big-headed children!!

Kaylee got a box in the mail on Wednesday, and it was nothing other than a gift from Uncle Brian & Aunt Rachel! I'm not sure who was more excited... Austin or Kaylee!


They got her the cutest little stuffed Yorkie puppy with a carrying case, and little brush, etc. She LOVES it & has carried around with her for the past few days!!


Thursday was Austin's last day of preschool. They had a huge "Splash Day" bash & when I went to pick him up after school, he had a bag full of loot they had sent home with him, complete with a gift from his teacher, books from the school, a workbook so he can work on writing his letters this summer, and lots of other fun projects they had worked on. I know he'll be anxious to go back in the fall... then he'll start school the following year! I can't believe my baby is almost five years old!!!

While he was at school, Kaylee & I dropped by Toys R Us & I picked up her gift from us for her birthday. Justin mentioned wanting to get this for her for months, and we just remembered on the night of her birthday. A few days late, but she still loves it...


It's a push bubble mower, just like Austin's (but pink!). She thinks she's big stuff now!!
BUT... as always, the box proved to be more fun than the mower itself, as you can see below...


Me & a few of my girlfriends hosted a garage sale at my house this morning. It was SO much work & I am SO tired, but glad to get rid of some clutter that's been around my house. I had hoped to make a bit more money than I actually did, but I'm still thankful that I made what I did. Every little bit helps!!

Tomorrow starts a new week... and the only things on my calendar is soccer lessons on Wednesday morning & going to watch "Sex In The City 2" with my girlfriends late on Thursday night. I hope this week is more relaxing than this past week... I need a break!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Austin had fun "learning how to die". HAHAHA That was really cute.