Monday, October 6, 2008

OUCH!

This past Thursday, I had just gotten through feeding Kaylee & she had fallen asleep, so I was trying to pick her up & burp her before I put her down for a nap.  Well, somewhere in between being in my arms & up on my shoulder, she got startled & poked me in the eye.  It hurt pretty bad, but after a few minutes, seemed like it was okay.

The next morning, I woke up almost unable to see out of my eye at all!  I started reading online & realized that she had somehow scratched my eyeball.  It was honestly some MAJOR PAIN that I hope to never have to relive again!  It was a horrible day to be injured -- in addition to having to price a room full of stuff for our garage sale (which was the next day), I also had a deadline with my job & was obviously not going to be able to make the deadline at all.  I laid on the couch a lot that day with my eyes closed, using my ears to determine if the kids were needing something.  Light hurt my eye...air hurt my eye...basically EVERYTHING hurt my eye!

Saturday morning, I woke up a bit better, but it was still pretty sensitive to light, which made for an interesting morning on my driveway at the garage sale!

Amazingly enough, I woke  up Sunday morning with almost no pain!  And I'm happy to announce that today (Monday), I'm totally back to normal!

If you've ever had a scratched eyeball, you know the pain that I went through; and if you haven't been through a scratched eyeball, pray that you never have to go through it.  It was horrible!

No comments: