Monday, October 6, 2008

It's a Chameleon, Mom!

So the other night, Austin & I were on the front porch when I looked up & noticed a chameleon on the ceiling above us.  I pointed it out & held him up so he could check it out.  I said, "Look, Austin, it's a lizard" -- I called it a lizard thinking that a 3-year old wouldn't know what a chameleon was and that it changed colors, unlike a regular lizard.

Much to my surprise, he looked at me & said, "Mom, that's a chameleon!  Chameleons change colors!  This one is white!"  

I was FLOORED!  The things that he says just amaze me -- and where or how he learned that, I may never know!  Regardless, you can imagine my surprise & disbelief when he said that!  

Afterwards, we walked inside & I realized just how big my little boy is getting...
What's next?  Physics?  Algebra?  Or if it's up to his Daddy...engineering?!?   :)   -ha-

No comments: