I can't stop thinking about her. Her name was Denise & she was one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Such a sweetheart & so helpful to anyone that needed HER help. Soon after we really became acquainted, she got the leukemia diagnosis & she soon needed our help; our Club made meals for her & her family, put together care packages & I just mailed her a big package of cards & gifts to her hospital room in Houston about a month ago. When I was pregnant with Kaylee, I went to visit her in the hospital here in Round Rock & she was so upbeat! Her hair had all fallen out from the chemo, but all she wanted to talk about was how I was feeling & how Austin was doing.
Her oldest son just graduated last year & is in the army, while her youngest son is Austin's age. It breaks my heart to think that he's going to grow up without having her in his life.
Please pray for Denise's family. With Mother's Day just a few days away, I pray that they use this time to celebrate her life & how wonderful she was. It is a time for mourning as well, but she was such a special lady that I want to remember her how she was before the leukemia took over her body... sweet, precious Denise.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Amber. It's just heartbreaking to hear of someone so young passing away from that terrible illness. I'll be praying for her family.
praying!
Post a Comment