Monday, May 11, 2009

Lake Georgetown

Saturday morning, we decided to take the boat out.  We wanted to have a low-key day, so we opted to just go by ourselves, which we very seldom do.  We went to Lake Georgetown, which is just 20-30 minutes from our house & a lot more low-key than Lake Austin where we usually go.  

We had a great trip & I kept telling Justin how relaxing it was.  Justin did some wakeboarding (first of the season, I believe), then I pulled Austin & Justin in the tube for about 20 minutes straight.  Austin LOVES the tube, and I've learned to hold Kaylee in between my legs while I'm driving the boat...Moms are such great multi-taskers!  :)
After the tube ride that never seemed to end, I looked down & Kaylee had fallen asleep in between my legs, so I laid her down on the floor of the boat to get her nap in.  She always cracks me up in that lifejacket...it just swallows her! 
While she was napping in the shade, I laid out on the back of the boat & worked on my tan -- I am such a white girl, so I take every bit I can get!  Austin played around in the boat & out in the water, and Justin just sat & relaxed...
Once we got home, I just had to snap a picture of Kaylee in her little bikini.  I had gotten this at a garage sale when I was pregnant with her, so I was glad she finally got to wear it this past weekend!  It's very retro to me -- the little skirt has a pink belt buckle on it that makes it look very mod.  Too cute!!
(The best part of the day??  I'm getting SO much better at backing the truck & trailer up on the loading ramp for the boat!  I only had to do it in one try this time -- last year, it was a HUGE ordeal & I was horrible!  I guess practice really does make perfect!!)

No comments: