We LOVE the Texas Bluebonnets & we have been so lucky the past few years to always get some decent pictures in them...until last year hit...
This first picture was from the Spring of 2006 -- Austin was about 7 months old. The park across the street from our house always has had the HUGEST crop of bluebonnets & we always have seen families taking pictures out in them.
2007 brought the biggest crop of them we'd ever seen, so we opted to do family pictures in the Bluebonnets that year. This is the best picture we've had done in the flowers to date! (Still taken in the park by our house.)

2008 rolled around & we hadn't gotten enough rain the year before to warrant a good crop of them, so I didn't get any pictures of Austin in them...
Now that 2009 is here, I've been looking for weeks for a good crop of them. The park is now ruled out because they have done some extensive construction that seemed to have wiped out the bluebonnet crop...at least for now. I've seen some good patches of them on the sides of the roads, but I have decided not to pull over on a 70+ MPH road to get my kids out of their seats & snap a few pictures. Unsafe!!
One of our neighbors over a few streets has planted a small patch of them in her front yard, so I asked if I could snap some pictures last week & she happily obliged. The pictures aren't great (simply because of the small patch & the bad background), but they'll have to do. Enjoy!!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE the bluebonnet pics! Kaylee is growing up so fast and is as precious as ever! And of course...Austin is super handsome, too! I love your cute little family! Yes...I got the burp cloths and I LOVE them too! Too Cute! I need to get your friend's info so I can have some made for all the baies I know that are being born! Lets get together soon. we are venturing out more and more. I am heading to Arkansas the end of this week and will be there for a week, but after that I am available ummm- everyday! Can't wait to see ya'll too!
I also love the bluebonnet pics and think that last one is just adorable!
Post a Comment