Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

Justin is on a float trip on the Buffalo River up in Arkansas & took my camera, so you'll have to excuse this posting with no pictures...

Just a few short snippits that I've forgotten to list lately.  Thought this could just be a jumble of cute little things that are going on in our lives right now.
  • Most every night when Kaylee is getting ready for bed, Austin will come by & give her a kiss on the head & say, "Sweet Dreams".  It's just adorable & I love watching how much he loves her.  Granted, there are times that he's just downright "brotherly" to her (meaning MEAN), but it's times like right before bed that I just love watching them interact.
  • Speaking of Kaylee, she is 11 months old now & is having her first birthday in just a few weeks.  UNBELIEVABLE!  I'm not sure how this year has flown by so quickly!!  She is starting to eat more solid foods & bread has quickly become one of her favorites (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!).  She has TWELVE (yes, twelve) teeth now & looks like 2 more are coming in on the bottom...this girl has more teeth than I've ever seen any baby have at that age!!  Amazing...
  • We're planning a get-together with our friends here in Texas for Kaylee's 1st birthday.  It's more of a backyard cookout celebration with cake to follow.  Our house is already so overrun with toys that we've told everyone not to bring gifts -- we just want our friends there to share Kaylee's big day with.  Our friends are honestly our gifts here in Texas...
  • Kaylee is getting her 1-year pictures taken this weekend.  We're using the same photographer that did her 6-month pictures, and I'm so excited to see what she comes up with this time.  I was just so happy with the job she did last time.
  • I have a little something up my sleeve to commemorate her 1st birthday.   Be checking back for it to be posted on our blog in a few more weeks... I need to get busy on it!!
  • Austin is growing like crazy.  He can totally dress himself now (the shirt was the last item to be mastered -- those arms are a bit tricky to a 3 year old!) & the past couple of nights (since Justin has been gone & not here to help with the bedtime routines), he has undressed himself, put on his PJs by himself, used the restroom by himself, brushed his teeth by himself (with a little help from me at the end), and then cleaned his room so we'll both be ready for book time right before bed.  Plus, tonight, I only had to ask him ONE TIME to clean up his toys out of the living room.  He was so proud to show me what a great job he had done after they were all picked up.  And I was ECSTATIC that I didn't have to do it myself tonight! 

2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

I'm amazed at what Bailey can do for herself since I've literally been too sick to do it for her. She is little miss independent. I can't believe Kaylee is almost 1 because that means that Brian is not far behind. AHHH!

~aj~ said...

Wow, Austin is one impressive little dude!

And it cracks me up that Kaylee has so many teeth. Drew is 13 months and just has his 3rd popping through.

Can't wait to see those new pics of your big 1 year old!