Monday, April 27, 2009

April 20-24

This past week was a busy one!  We had GORGEOUS weather, so I had the kids outside every day playing & enjoying some warm temperatures outside!!

Early in the week, our new neighbor, Lara, brought her two kids over (Jackson & Lily) for a backyard fun day.  We set up the water sprinkler for the kids to play in, and then, of course, we had our huge sandbox for them to enjoy as well.  Lara & I kicked back with some watermelon & cold lemonade and just enjoyed watching the kids play...




Wednesday morning was a tea party with our Moms Club.  The girls were supposed to dress like princesses (which Kaylee had nothing of the sort, so she went dressed as herself), and the boys were supposed to dress like superheroes.  Austin chose to wear the "A" cape that my Mom made him, complete with his Buzz Lightyear goggles & sun visor.  I guess he was going as "Super Austin meets Buzz Lightyear".  He was a sight to see!


Kaylee's hair just fascinates me.  It is getting SO long & I have to pull it back to the side with a clippy or a bow every day, or it's constantly in her eyes.  It's beginning to even out a bit more, but she still has a bit of a mullet in the back.  -ha-   She has a ton of hair, but it's so fine (which is my fault).  Just thank goodness she got Justin's amount of hair on her head -- they have both been blessed with LOTS of hair, for sure!!


Oh, yes - Kaylee has started climbing.  Austin wasn't climbing this much at her age, so it's been a bit of a shock to me.  Last week, I found her climbing on Austin's indoor picnic table (below), but she'd only get as high as the seat.  Well...yesterday, she made her way all the way to the tabletop of the picnic table, then proceeded to crawl over to the coffee table & climb on top of that as well.  Looks like we have a little monkey on our hands!


She has also discovered what great fun it is to pull the Kleenexes out of the Kleenex box.  

I finally found my swim goggles (after months of not knowing where they had gone), so I put them on Austin for a few quick photos.  He quickly decided they were too tight for his liking...


1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

OK, we need to move to your neighborhood where there are moms with kids. Chris would never let us move north of the river, but I'm so jealous that you have neighbors that you know who have young children! How cool!