Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rebekah & Me +3

Let me tell you a bit about my friend, Rebekah.  We were both Nutrition majors at the UofA & had many of our classes together.  She is one of the best friends a girl could ask for -- so caring, supportive, sweet & makes you laugh all at the same time!  She has great taste & is honestly one of my favorite people to shop with, even though we haven't gotten to do it much over the past 5+ years...until yesterday!!

Rebekah & her husband, Flint, moved from Fayetteville down to Waco about a year ago so he could take a position with Baylor.  Well, we've had in our minds that we were going to get together, have lunch & hang out for well over a year now.  Unfortunately, we could never make it work out until yesterday, but I am SO thrilled that we finally did get together!

We met up in Salado for lunch & some shopping.  It was the first time that Rebekah got to meet Kaylee & also the first time I got to meet her precious baby girl, Cilla.  We met at the coffeehouse behind the historic Stagecoach Inn on Main Street, and while we were waiting for Rebekah & Cilla, Austin spotted a playscape & a little miniature stagecoach, so we played outside for a bit.



Rebekah quickly arrived, we said our hellos & went inside for some yummy lunch.  Of course, after we ate, we had to take some pictures & I LOVE this one of Rebekah & sweet Cilla...


And this sweet one of Austin holding Cilla.  He really did love her -- later in the day, we were shopping & he said, "Mom, I'm going to go kiss Cilla's hand".  It was adorable...


Well, leave it to me to hand my camera over to Austin to take some pictures of Rebekah & I together.  Below, you can see the shots that he took; not so bad at first, but these were definitely the good ones (I left off all of the shots of our feet & my diaper bag that he took! ha).



After lunch & before shopping, we went back out to the stagecoach & playscape for some more playing.  This time, Cilla participated in the fun (in her carseat, nonetheless) & we got some good shots.



It was a HOT day in Central Texas yesterday.  Record highs all over the place, and that also includes Salado, where we had our poor kids out in the heat.  The high was 104 degrees!!  No wonder we were so hot & couldn't seem to ever get cooled off!  Thankfully, most of the shops had cold, bottled water for $1, so we seemed to be picking up new bottles at every other store we went into...

We had a GREAT time with Rebekah & Cilla, and hope to get together more often in the future.  As we were leaving Salado, going our separate ways, Austin said, "I already miss Cilla.  I wish she lived closer to me."  I thought that was so cute...and so true...

No comments: