It all unfolded on Friday night, when Justin asked me how my college application process was coming along. It reminded me I had never made up my mind about what I wanted to get my Masters in, and just made me realize how I need to figure it out & act on it quick!
I sat at the computer, typed out my application for a Masters in Elementary Education from Texas State (their Round Rock campus is less than 5 minutes from our house), and then got to the page where I hit "send". I stopped & thought to myself, "Is this really what I want to do with my life??" The answer was obvious -- NO. I had been dragging my feet for months, first by not turning in my application for summer school, and then by having a feeling that Elementary Ed just wasn't for me.
So I went to Google & started looking at online Masters programs in Dietetics & FACS (Family & Consumer Sciences). I ran across a FACS program (plus teaching certification in Texas) that sounded really great through Texas Tech, and quickly got excited. It was just what I had been looking for! And I knew it was what I needed to do when I had "that feeling" about the program...I had found IT!
I e-mailed an advisor because I was afraid I was either: a) too late to apply for the fall semester and/or b) going to have to take the GRE exam to be accepted. The next day, she e-mailed me back to let me know I wasn't too late to apply for the fall AND the GRE exam was not required! I was SOOOO happy, so I quickly filled out my application, sent it in, and am now waiting to hear back from Texas Tech!!
I am so excited about this new adventure! I have been wanting to go back & get started on my Masters for about 5 years now, so I'm happy to have this opportunity -- a chance to get my Masters online, at my own pace at home, and from a distinguished university, nonetheless! Please pray that I do get accepted (Justin says I shouldn't worry about this part, but I can't help but get all nervous...) & that I will ease into the student role all over again. I've been out of college for 6 years now, so I'm a bit anxious about starting back! (Who wouldn't be?!) I also pray that I'll be able to balance school, my family, and my part-time job with not much trouble. I have been blessed in so many areas in my life, and I feel this is falling into place just as it's supposed to. Thank you, Lord!! :)

2 comments:
Does Tech count as a distinguished university?! lol :) Great job, Amber. You'll do great!
The secret word I had to type in was 'hoggyrou'. Just a shout out to your alma mater.
Congrats! Sounds like things are falling into place. Don't you just love when God confirms your decisions by things working out more smoothly than you even hoped for? Sounds like that's what's happening in your life right now. I'm proud of you and I'm sure your sweet hubby and kids are too. It takes quite a woman to have a desire to add more to her already busy life! Best of luck and I'll be praying for you!!!
Post a Comment