Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boating

As some of you may know, we bought a wakeboarding boat last year.  Ever since the day I met Justin back in college, he has talked about getting a nice boat to take out on the lake in the summers.  We ran across a really great deal early last year, and the rest is history!

We LOVE getting the boat out on the weekends on the lakes around Austin, inviting our friends, and just relaxing.  Last Friday after everyone got off work, we met up at Lake Austin, had dinner at the Hula Hut on the lake, then went boating for an hour or so before it turned dark.  

Brian wakeboarded for the first time this year & did a great job....though he was trying to be really careful not to hurt himself since he's training for an Ironman coming up in August.


Leslie even strapped on the wakeboard & got up on the first try!  (I didn't doubt she would - she is really athletic & tries something one time & masters it!)  


Justin also wakeboarded, but since I was driving the boat, I didn't get any pictures of him.  His goal is to be doing flips on his board by the end of the summer...I'll keep his progress posted!

No comments: