Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Haircut

Last week, I decided it was time for Kaylee to have her first official haircut.  Justin had been suggesting it for a few weeks, but I was afraid to take any of the length away.  It wasn't until I heard one too many people make a comment like, "How cute - it's like she has a mullet!" that I decided it was time.

On Wednesday morning, our neighbor, Lara, took Austin along with her son, Jackson, to Jungle Java for the morning, while I took Kaylee to Snip-Its in La Frontera.  The only reason I chose that place was because I found a coupon (in true Amber fashion!).  Regardless, it was a cute place, but I wasn't too impressed with the service or the cut.  I think it was the girl's first day that cut Kaylee's hair because her boss was standing over her the whole time telling her how to cut it, how to collect some of her hair for her baby book, etc.  It was rough...

And to top it off, Kaylee HATED (and that's an understatement) sitting in the chair, HATED being draped with a cape, HATED all of the strangers around her...basically just HATED the experience as a whole.  After about 10 minutes of crying, she settled down long enough to let the lady cut her hair.  She took about 1 inch off & blended it so it will look more natural (and not so mullet-like).  It does look better, and I've noticed her hair is really turning blonde now -- just since last week!  I know it has nothing to do with the cut, and all to do with the sunshine, but it's cute how now she has a cute little 'do & is turning blonde!  :)




2 comments:

~aj~ said...

Bless her heart. :(

But at least she didn't jump out of the chair! I have to hold Drew in my lap during his haircuts for that very reason.

Rachel Lyn said...

The middle picture is the saddest thing I ever saw! It's right up there with Santa Claus pics!