Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2008 - Our first in our own home!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving & marked the first year that we spent the holiday here in Texas in our own house.  I have been aching to start some sort of tradition of our own with our kids, and it seems like Thanksgiving will become that tradition!  Since we just got back from visiting family in Arkansas & Oklahoma, we decided to hold off on making the trip again until Christmas...and spend Thanksgiving in our cozy home!

After watching the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Austin", I made a full Thanksgiving meal at lunchtime: turkey, dressing, scalloped corn, cranberry sauce, rolls & pecan pie!  To be quite honest, I got a little teary-eyed when we all sat down to eat; just to be able to create such a traditional meal for my family...just US...was something I've looked forward to ever since we got married & had kids.  
The Thanksgiving meal I made

After we ate & cleaned up the table, Justin & I sat down & played a game of "Scrabble" (the first time we've played it in years!), and then went over to Brian & Leslie's house for a few hours to visit with their family (which is our "Texas family", as I like to call them!).  After getting the kids to bed, I went straight to bed as well by around 8:45, since Leslie talked me into doing the midnight shopping on BLACK FRIDAY for all of the great after-Thanksgiving sales with her!!  (more on that later...)

No comments: