I dropped Justin off to meet his Dad last Sunday in Checotah, OK and they headed on to Colorado for their hunting trip. The kids & I drove on to Fayetteville that afternoon where I surprised my friend, Shannon, at the Pesto Cafe; she was playing a show there (she sings & plays guitar -- check her out here) & had no clue I was coming by to say Hello! After chatting with her for just a few minutes, we went on to our friend's house to drop off a baby gift; Justin & Jill Jorgensen just built their new house in Fayetteville & I was so excited to drop by & see it...and their new baby boy, Hudson! After a quick visit there, we headed on to Berryville to go stay a few days with Justin's Mom.
We had a good time in Berryville -- we drove to Rogers on Monday to visit Shelcey (Justin's sister) and her baby girl, Emilee, and also do some Christmas shopping. Then we were off to Branson on Tuesday to the outlets up there. I left Berryville on Wednesday & headed back toward Oklahoma, with a brief stop in Rudy (where I grew up) to visit my "Aunt" Leon, who babysat me growing up -- she turns 95 on Saturday & still lives all by herself! I hope to be that fiercely independent & healthy when I'm 95!!
We spent the rest of the trip in Oklahoma with my family -- this was the first time my brother had met Kaylee & she's already 6 months old! We just relaxed around the house on Thursday & Friday; Austin helped my Dad (who he calls "Pock") check & feed all of the cows, and had a great time playing with the dogs that my parents & brother have. Here is a picture of Austin & Kaylee with their Aunt Rachel & Uncle Brian (Austin was blowing a horn, so excuse his silliness)...
Mom, the kids & I headed to Fort Smith on Saturday for some Christmas shopping, and then on to Van Buren for a baby shower that afternoon; Erin, who was my best friend since Kindergarten, is finally pregnant after 7 1/2 years of marriage, so I was excited to surprise her at her baby shower! I got to visit with her Mom, Becky, as well as another of my friends from high school & college, Shayna; she just had her baby girl, Savannah, a few weeks ago, so it was great getting to meet her as well!
Sunday we headed to church to show off the kids to all of Mom & Dad's church family -- they joked that they were finally getting to see the "real thing" after months of seeing pictures every Sunday! I packed up that afternoon & we left their house early Monday morning to pick up Justin in Warner, OK and then make the trip back to Texas.
We had a great time visiting friends & family, and the week went by so quickly! We plan on staying home in Texas for Thanksgiving this year, so we'll be back up that way for Christmas to visit them all again!

No comments:
Post a Comment