We are both doing really well with our training & I seem to surprise myself more & more after each run. I averaged 11:30 minute miles when I trained for & ran the 3M Half Marathon in 2006. This past weekend, I ran 4 miles in 41 minutes -- a 10:20 pace. I kept thinking that my watch was broken, but it wasn't! I told Justin to look what happens after I push out a second child -- I got faster! I told him imagine how fast I'd be after another kid or two! He just laughed...and told me not to get my hopes up! -ha-
If anyone has any dream of ever running a marathon or even a half marathon, I say GO FOR IT! I never EVER imagined I'd be doing this (especially for a second time around!), and as most of you who know me already know, I'm not athletic whatsoever! For some reason, running is one thing that I CAN do & it's actually pretty addicting after a while. I've been getting up at 5:30 in the mornings to do my weekly runs before Justin leaves for work & it's so nice being out in the crisp air getting my exercise in before a lot of people are even awake!
If you are interested in training for a marathon, I highly suggest the USA FIT training program. Our group, Round Rock Fit, is a branch of the "mother" program & I owe all of my success to the group. Check the out at www.roundrockfit.com. It's awesome!

3 comments:
You go, girl!
Seriously...you amaze me!!! I do not know how you do it. I really do not think I could even run all the way down my street!!! I am so proud! Keep up the good work!
It took a breakup to get my butt out in the crisp air! It is amazing though and you feel so great afterwards..it really is addicting! You impress me so much! I'm sticking with the 5k but I'll be cheering for you big time!!
Post a Comment