Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Boy

Today was a BIG day in our house...
Austin started Kindergarten!!

He has been so excited about this day & once it arrived, he was READY!
I had to wake him up around 6:45 this morning & right when I woke him up, he sat straight up & said, "I'm ready for Kindergarten, Mom!"

And that he was!


(A side note on Kaylee:  She's going to a great preschool close to us where she loves her teachers & directors.  Today was her first day by herself -- without having big brother there to help her along.  She apparently did wonderful, which I'm so thankful for!)


Back to Austin...
We got to school about 15 minutes before the doors opened; that was intentional on my part because I didn't want to have to deal with tons of people filing into the school all at once.  
When the doors opened, we went to his classroom, dropped off his bookbag & headed to the cafeteria.




They were serving his favorite breakfast this morning -- pancakes!
I helped him through the cafeteria line & we found some friends for him to eat with before heading back to class.  I had to end up leaving when he was half-way through with his breakfast because I had to be at my school by 8am, but he gave me a big 'ol squeeze & I knew he was ready for the day!
(Me, on the other hand, had to wipe away a few tears -- where has my baby boy gone?!?)


After school, I picked him up & he gave me the biggest hug and was so anxious to tell me stories about his day, show me his papers & teach me his newest Spanish words that he learned.

I think this is going to be a great year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Did you all walk to school?