Sunday, August 21, 2011

Graduation in Lubbock

So, we left off on our drive to Lubbock for my grad school graduation.  Mom, Dad, myself & the kids got there that afternoon, got checked in at our hotel & had a great dinner at Outback.  Mom stayed with the kids at the hotel room while I drove to the airport to pick up Justin.

Before all of that, though - we visited the hotel pool where Kaylee was happy to show us her "big eyes" face again.  (ha ha)


Saturday morning, while waiting for graduation to start, Austin enjoyed lounging in his bed with the remote watching TV.  A typical guy... (ha)


My graduation started at 1:30 in the afternoon.
I was happy to get to meet my past advisor, some professors & some other students in my college while I was waiting for the commencement to begin.



When I received my diploma, I was even on the big screen shaking hands with the Chancellor...


... then I had to shake about 30 people's hands before heading off for photos.



I was SO happy that my parents made the long drive out to Lubbock to watch me graduate.  Neither of them walked for their Masters (and neither did my brother), but just having them there made me know they were so proud of me & my accomplishment.





I just received my actual diploma in the mail this past Friday, so I'm an official Red Raider graduate.
I appreciate all of the support I was given through the past 2 years.
I have an amazing set of friends & family that have supported me, and I am so thankful for that.

No comments: