So, when I left off, we were in JAMAICA!
Our taxi driver took us to a great beach in Montego Bay (though not as great as the one we visited a couple years back) & we quickly got busy snorkeling! After a few minutes, I decided I was done, so I headed to the sand to lay out, take some pics & continue reading my book...
Here was my view:
Ahhh.... relaxation!
After a couple of hours at the beach, we were hungry, so we hunted down Clinton our cab driver & headed to our FAVORITE place to eat in Jamaica, "The Pork Pit". We found this place last time we were in Jamaica & couldn't wait to go back. Fresh meat on the grill & ready to dig into! Yum-o! Here's a few pictures, below. The yellow building in the background is where you go to order... and they cook all of the food in the silver tin building on the left.
We stuffed ourselves full... and we stuffed Clinton too! After we all enjoyed lunch, he drove us back to where our ship was docked... where the guys proceeded to buy fresh coconuts to drink...
... and to eat the jelly meat out of.
We had had enough of the sun, so we got back on board & started getting ready for dinner that night. As always, we had to take some pictures while we were all dressed up...
Friday & Saturday were both days that I had been looking forward to all week -- we were at sea ALL DAY both days, which meant lots of laying around, reading my book & relaxing. Case in point -- after breakfast on Friday, Justin & I found a couple of cushy lounge chairs on the deck beside the pool, laid down & eventually fell asleep. This was before 10am! How awesome! (ha)
We spent both days relaxing, playing Bingo, eating more than we should, laying out, etc.
Friday night was our last formal night, so we got all dolled up for one more round...
Friday night was also our first night to try out the "Pig & Whistle" pub on the promenade deck. The guy on the left (in the pic below) was named Derrick & he put on a karaoke night every night in the pub. Apparently, if you didn't put your hands up & say his certain phrase after someone did karaoke, that meant that you wanted to sing next. Well, little did I know because after someone got through singing right when we pulled a chair up, I didn't put my hands up & he quickly pointed at me & called me up to sing. YIKES! To make matters worse, HE got to "randomly" choose the song... which ended up being Britney Spears' "Baby Hit Me One More Time". (ugh) Anyway, I was a good sport & sang karaoke while Leslie was my backup singer.
Funny enough, Brian didn't catch on quick enough because as soon as I was over, he didn't hold up his hands & say the phrase.... which meant he was next! (ha) I took a quick picture before Derrick (the leader) made me put my camera away (I guess they don't allow pics while people are singing for some reason). Anyway, Brian had to sing "I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt", which was hilarious... We had a great time there!
Saturday was our last day on board. We tried to soak it up as much as we could. We played two rounds of Bingo that day -- the first was "Win a Cruise for 2" Bingo. You were supposed to stand when you only had 1 number left to win... and before I knew it, Justin was standing up! We were so excited. BUT... unfortunately... someone else won & we were left there with a sad look on our faces.
Before we knew it, it was night & we were heading to our last dinner in the big dining room. We stopped for a few quick pics before we headed on that way...
Our table mates weren't at dinner that night, so we didn't get to say goodbye, but we did get to take a picture with all of our waiters... these guys were great!!
Sunday morning came too quickly & we were off the ship & in the car before we knew it. We got back home, spent a few hours unpacking & checking what mail we had accumulated before we drove up to McKinney to meet my parents & pick up the kids. They had had a BLAST in AR/OK with both sets of their grandparents & we were so thankful that they had gotten to spend some quality time with both sides of our families.
We're already talking about another cruise in 2013... anyone want to join us??!




No comments:
Post a Comment