Oops... I may have jinxed our sweet boy. Last Sunday night, Austin was so badly wanting us all to ride our bikes to our neighborhood park and play for a bit. He was on day 3 without his training wheels & was feeling pretty unstoppable.
We headed out on our bikes -- Austin on his, me on mine (pulling Kaylee in our bike trailer), and Justin bringing up the rear on his bike. Only three houses down from ours, Austin had already gained a lot of speed, started swerving his bike handles & ended up wiping out. I can still see it in slow motion in my mind. OUCH! I saw his front bike tire turn sideways, I saw him fly off his bike... and I saw his poor little head hit the sidewalk. I KNEW it wasn't good, so I quickly rode my bike up to him, jumped off & grabbed him up into my arms.
He got a pretty good bump & scrape on his head, and another scrape on his elbow. Justin took him back home to settle him down and ice the knot on his head. About 10 minutes later, they come out feeling better. Justin had wrapped an ice pack in a kitchen towel and then taped it around Austin's head with electrical tape. It was quite a sight to be seen -- wish I would have gotten a picture!
We are over a week past when Austin did this to his head. It's looking better, but he has a huge scab on his head, it's bruised and still knotted up a bit. Bless his heart... but he's a tough guy. The next day, he was back on his bike & riding up & down the sidewalk again!
No comments:
Post a Comment