Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SEC Picnic 2010



Last Saturday was the 2010 SEC Picnic at Zilker Park here in Austin.  All of the SEC alumni groups from Austin get together, cookout, play games & get ready to kick off the football season!  We, as usual, got all dressed up in our Razorback gear & headed out to meet up with our fellow Arkansas Austinites!


As usual, there was a bounce house for the kids to play in.  Austin jumped in it for a while, but Kaylee totally fell in love with it!  I basically had to pry her out of there after about 45 minutes of her jumping non-stop!  It was a VERY HOT day & it was time for a water break!


The guys had fun too -- Austin especially loved the chocolate chip cookies that we had after our meal of Plucker's wings & chicken strips.  Yum-o!




And I, of course, wore my Arkansas dress that I made from one of my old college t-shirts.  About 10 minutes after we got there, two ladies from LSU walked up to me & said, "OK - we sew -- you have to tell us how you made that dress!"  So... I told them!  After that, 3 or 4 other girls came up to me & said, "We just have to tell you - you have the cutest dress here!" That made me feel really good... especially since I had made it!  

Speaking of - I AM taking "orders", per se, for these dresses.  I'm going to be making a few for friends here in Austin, so if you're interested, let me know!



Like I said, it was a HOT afternoon.  After a few hours, the kids were tired & we were sweaty, so we packed up & headed back home.  We totally enjoyed getting to see our fellow Arkansas family here in Austin, but were happy to get to our air conditioned house too!  The kids & I had a pool party to attend that night, so there was no better ending to that hot day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does SEC stand for?

Ham Family said...

SEC stands for "SouthEastern Conference" -- it's the football conference that we're in... ;)