Saturday morning was Austin's 5th Birthday Party. Every year for his birthday, we end up throwing a party here at the house & inviting all of his friends over to play & eat. And, every year, I talk about how I'd love to have it somewhere else so my house doesn't get destroyed with 40+ people all cramming in.
So, this year, Leslie & I decided to throw a JOINT birthday party for Austin & Emma. He just turned 5, and Emma is turning 4 in a few weeks. It was the perfect idea, especially once we decided to have it at a local park so the kids could play on the playscapes and enjoy the outdoors.
The day was beautiful; overcast & not too hot. Perfect for a birthday party!
We were expecting about 35 kids and 38 adults, and I'd say we had right about that many people show up. Leslie & I lead some fun games for the kids to play like "carry-the-egg-on-the-spoon"...
...and sack races...
Justin & Brian went to pick up the pizza during our organized games, and by the time the kids were losing interest in the games, the pizza had arrived! Perfect timing! We all chowed down on some pizza, let the kids play a bit more, then it was time for the pinata. Each kid got a chance to hit it a few times before it busted...
And then it was time for CAKE!
This video is one of the sweetest things I've seen in a while! While we were all singing "Happy Birthday" to Austin & Emma, sweet Emma leaned over to Austin & seemed to happy to be sharing the day with him. Those kids love eachother so much & I know they are lifelong friends!
The day was a major success & both kids had a great time!
I'm sensing another park party in our future -- it was awesome!!

No comments:
Post a Comment