We had a pretty busy Father's Day weekend, and boy, was it fun! Justin was off on Friday (his regular day off -- or "RDO", as we know it), so we loaded up mid-morning & headed out to Lake Austin for a fun day on the lake. We took our lunches, chairs & toys and hung out on shore at Emma Long Metro Park, and then hit the water mid-day when it got really hot & we needed a refreshing dip in the cool Lake Austin water. We had a great time & ended up staying out at the lake for most of the day. Here are some pictures I snapped while we were there...
The rest of the weekend called for a slew of "honey-dos" that Justin wanted to mark off his list. For so many weeks, he hasn't been able to do much with his hurt thumb, so there have been lots of things that have been put on "hold" while he's been recuperating from his surgery. He had a good 12-15 things on his "to do" list, and he actually got the majority of them marked off! Thanks to him, the car has new brakes, we have extra shelves in the garage to store our stuff on, the shrubs got cut, the back yard got mowed (OK - so I mowed while he weed-eated), our TomTom GPS got updated... I could go on & on.
The one thing he dove into & wasn't able to complete was one of the back seat windows on the Tahoe. Austin's window had gotten to the point that it would roll down but never roll back up last week. Justin took the door panel off, looked around & quickly realized that he couldn't figure out what was wrong, nor could he get to the problem... so, the Tahoe is in the shop today getting fixed. Just heard back that it'll be around $400 to get it fixed. Ouch...
We have some new neighbors that moved in 2 houses down about a month or so ago. She (Erin) works at Texas Roadhouse on the weekends, so we went by there for a delicious dinner this weekend. The kids were so excited to see her there, and we had some super yummy food! Here's Justin & his two favorite kids at dinner...
Justin had a good Father's Day. The kids handmade & drew his cards for him, and he loved those. He had bought himself new rain gear at Academy a few months back, and insisted that's all he wanted for Father's Day... so that's what he got. There's nothing like picking out what you want (and buying it yourself)! Then again, I guess that's what I did when I picked out my Scentsy candle for Mother's Day & started using it the week before. -ha-

2 comments:
Yay for a wonderful Father's Day!
I always love hearing about ya'll being on the lake. It is my absolute favorite thing to do and I cannot wait for the day when we have a boat and can do that as well!
I didn't know you had a blog! Love it! I've added you!
Post a Comment