Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Dear Friend


Tuesday evening, one of my oldest, dearest friends stopped by to spend the night with us. Shannon Wurst has been one of my best friends since we went to middle & high school together "back in the day". We were friends, but quickly bonded over music -- I played piano & she'd play guitar & sing, and we played at many Alma High School functions as the entertainment portion.

We both went to Westark our first year of college, then ended up moving to Fayetteville together & being roommates in our very first apartment! We stayed great friends through college, even when she was off backpacking across Europe or leading whitewater rafting expeditions in Colorado. She was one of my bridesmaids in our wedding back in '03, and we've stayed in touch, just like good friends should.

Shannon comes through here a few times a year, touring. You see, Miss Shannon Wurst is a folk singer -- and one of her songs just happens to be #15 on the Folk DJ Charts right now! (I kept telling the kids that a living legend was in our house, but they didn't catch on... ha) (And click on her blue name above to check out her website & music!!)
Shan was on her way to Kerrville, TX for a folk music festival for the next few weeks, and she stopped by for dinner, a place to sleep & some visiting. I LOVED having her here, and we stayed up WAY too late talking & reminiscing. I love her...

(These are some of my hydrangeas that I picked off my hydrangea bush as a centerpiece for dinner -- I thought they were so pretty!)


On Wednesday morning, she accompanied us to Austin's soccer practice, then we took a trip downtown to Whole Foods. We had a great time with her here... safe travels, and come back to visit us again soon, Shannon! (Both kids have been asking where you are!!)



No comments: