Monday, March 16, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

We had a very relaxing weekend -- our first weekend in a long time that we didn't have plans & that we could just fly by the seat of our pants!  It was great!

Saturday morning was rainy, so I opted to not go garage sale shopping with my friends like we usually do.  Instead, Brian, Leslie & Emma came over for pancakes & we all ended up hanging out & reminiscing about the cruise until around noon.  Leslie & I loaded up all 3 of the kids around 1pm & headed to Chuck E. Cheese's for a few hours of fun & games -- Austin & Emma love playing games there, so I put Kaylee in the Baby Bjorn & carried her around while Austin played just about every game in the place!!  That night, I made red velvet cupcakes (see the pictures of Austin licking the spatula below -- I think he looks a bit like The Joker in "Batman Begins"!   ha), and we headed to Brian & Leslie's for dinner & a movie ("Pathology" -- it was OK, but a bit gross...).


Sunday morning, Austin was the first one up at 8:30...and we quickly realized that if we were going to make it to the early service at our church, we had to be out the door within 30 minutes.  Needless to say, it was a bit crazy...but we made it!  We LOVE our church, and even though it was raining & we were flustered (OK, maybe I was the only one flustered -- nothing seems to shake Justin up!), we were happy to be back in the Lord's house & ready to hear what Pastor Joe had to share with us.  After church, we came home where Justin cleaned the kitchen AND made lunch (I thanked him 100 times over -- this was a big thing in my book since it's so rarely done by anyone except me), then we basically just relaxed most of the afternoon.  We did watch "Role Models" (funny...I must admit), and then I took the kids outside to play in the sun.  Justin got the oil changed in the truck & we ended up having Wing Stop for dinner with the Wades last night.  It was such a relaxing, low-key weekend...

Now, SXSW starts up later this week & Justin will be busy going to that every night, so there's no telling what to expect with our plans next weekend... We shall see!!!

No comments: