This piggy bank has quickly become Kaylee's favorite toy. I had my eyes on this toy since Fisher Price came out with it a few years ago, but could never bring myself to pay the $20 price tag for it. I happened to run across this one at a garage sale about a month ago; the lady said it was broken (it didn't make the sound when you put a coin in) & sold it to me for .50 cents. Once I got it home, Justin got ahold of it & fixed the little part that had been stuck (thus allowing it not to make sounds when coins went in), and VOILA...it was as good as new!
Not long after I bought it, she discovered how to open the front of the piggy & get to the coins, and then learned how to put the coins into the top of the bank for the noise to occur! She can honestly sit in the floor for about 30 minutes just putting coins in & out of this little piggy bank!
I highly suggest this toy to any Mom out there with kids -- Austin even loves playing with it...when Kaylee is in a sharing mood! :)

3 comments:
Bailey got that when she turned 2 and the door was broken before the party ended. She carries the coins around and calls them cookies.
I feel like the last thing we need is another toy around here, but something that would keep Drew happily entertained for a half hour sounds priceless!!
I too have been eyeing this toy but refuse to pay $20 for it. I checked at the consignment sale the last 2 times with n luck. I'm adding it to the girls' wish lists for their b-day. Helen has one and Maggie plays with it EVERY time we are at their house for pretty much the whole time. This is seriously a good toy. I should just go buy it.
Post a Comment