Monday, August 11, 2008

Date Night!!

So, Justin & I went on our first "date night" in forever last night.  We found an AWESOME babysitter, Brittany, and Austin absolutely adores her, which is wonderful.  It's so nice to be able to leave the house with him NOT in tears, like he used to do whenever I'd try to go anywhere!  He woke up this morning wondering where Brittany was & then told me that she was his favorite person ever!  :)   I guess they hit it off! 

Back to last night... We had dinner at "The Melting Pot" fondue restaurant; I'd been once before with some of my Mommy friends, but was SO excited to share the experience this time with Justin.  We had some AMAZING fondue & had such a great time during dinner.  If you've never been to a fondue restaurant before, I highly recommend it -- especially with someone you love to just sit & talk with.  It was great...

After dinner, we headed to Antone's for "The Hush Sound" concert; Justin had heard them at SXSW back in March & had brought home their CD for me.  I quickly fell in love with them, so when we heard they were coming back to Austin, we just had to go to their concert!  It was AMAZING & everything that I had hoped it would be.  We even wormed our way up to the 2nd row for the last few songs, which was great.  The lead singer/pianist was so awesome on the piano, that it gave me inspiration to try to pick up where I left off on the piano years ago...  If you have time, check out iTunes for "Honey" & "Medicine Man" -- two of my favorites.

The band that played right before them, I had never heard of before last night, but I'm already a huge fan!  They are "The Cab", and there were only 2 of the 5 members at Antone's last night, so they did a very personal, acoustic set -- one guitar & two guys...that was it!  It was awesome & I don't think I've gone one hour all day without listening to my new favorite song, "Vegas Skies".  They are awesome & I highly suggest everyone checking them out.  They're opening for "Panic At The Disco!" and "Dashboard Confessionals" here in Austin in a few more months.  :)

All-in-all, we had a wonderful night.  I feel like we totally reconnected, which is SO important in a relationship, especially after you have kids.  We both get so caught-up in the day-to-day things that we sometimes forget to slow down & enjoy eachother, like it should be.  

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Sounds so fun! We went to the Melting Pot when we were down in Austin for my birthday! It is one of my favorite places, too! The experience is really fun, but the food is so good!