Sunday, August 17, 2008

5K For Clay

To kick off our marathon training (or half-marathon training, in my case), I ran the "5K for Clay"  here in Round Rock on Saturday morning.  Justin decided not to run, so he hung out with the kids while I ran it...  It was a beautiful morning for a run, and I was a little excited about it since I hadn't ran since the half-marathon that I did in January of 2007.  

The race went great; for those of you who aren't familiar with running, a 5K is 3.1 miles  I ran this exact race 2 years ago and my time was 36:10; this time around, it was 38:31.  I did realize that after not running for 1 1/2 years & having a baby, I'm pretty out of shape, but that also made me realize that starting up running again will only benefit me in countless ways.  I got to the point last time that I really enjoying running & half-way looked forward to it -- I hope I get that way again this time around!

Austin had a "Go Mommy Go" sign for me that he held up as he cheered for me right before I crossed the finish line, and I think Kaylee slept most of the time.  Justin was pretty excited for me too, although I have to admit that I've been complaining ever since the race was over.  I feel like such an old woman because I'm so sore!  My legs hurt like never before, and it's pretty sad that I hurt so bad only after a little over 3 miles!  I just keep telling myself (and I was telling myself this same thing while I was running & sweating like a pig) that I just had Kaylee 3 months ago & that I need to give myself a break.  I'm just SO ready to have my body back to where it was before I got pregnant with Kaylee -- that's my goal!  :)

At the start of the race

The last stretch of the race -- you can see I'm MUCH more red from being so hot & look much more exhausted than the first pic!


2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

I'm so impressed! I only run when I'm chased. :)

Rebekah said...

Seriously...give yourself a break! You are a stud! I think I would die if I just ran down my street (and believe me, it is not a long street!) You look amazing!