Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fry's Fun Farm

Last Tuesday, Austin's school brought in "Fry's Fun Farm" for the kids to enjoy. It's a couple who live close-by that take their farm to the city (as they put it) for kid's birthday parties, school functions and events. I was so excited to see they were there, so Kaylee & I dropped Austin off at his classroom (they came out to enjoy the animals later in the day as a class) and then went out to visit the animals.


Staci, the school director, let us inside the gate so Kaylee could pet the animals. I'd have to say that the rabbits were her favorites. I'm pretty sure she pet each one he had there, and there were over 20 of them! He had baby rabbits, ducks, geese, piglets, goats, calves, chickens... and probably a few other things that I can't remember.

So many times, Justin and I have talked about how we wish we could give our kids the same kind of lives that we had growing up -- living on a farm with hundreds of acres to roam and explore on, animals to help take care of, and basically something opposite of living the way we're living right now (in a subdivision where I swear we can elbow our neighbor out our window if we wanted). Someday we'll be able to do that, but for now, they'll have to enjoy these animals at the Fun Farm when we're here, and then enjoy both sets of grandparents' farms when we're in Oklahoma & Arkansas...



And look at these sweet little piglets! This brought back so many memories of the pigs I had growing up for 4-H! I just wanted to stuff one under my jacket & bring it home with me!! -ha-



Austin said he liked seeing the animals too. His class went out to visit them about an hour after we had to leave, but they took pictures, so I'm anxious to see them!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

You always do so many fun things with your kiddos! You are such a good momma!

~aj~ said...

Super cute!

(And just an FYI...I gave you a blog award today). :)