On Tuesday, I loaded up the kids & we traveled up to Waco to visit & spend the night with one of my college girlfriends, Rebekah, and her family. (Justin was in Houston, so what better time for me & the kids to take a road trip than when he's gone himself?!) I was so excited to get to see Rebekah & her Texas home... and Austin was so excited to get to see Cilla (Rebekah & Flint's daughter) again!
Tuesday night was a Trick-or-Treat event on campus at Baylor. Flint works for Baylor Athletics & some of the dorms on campus were hosting a trick-or-treat night for the faculty & staff children. (Rebekah called & got clearance for us to go too... which I thought was super sweet!) We loaded up the kids & headed to the dorms for some fun trick-or-treating that night...
First off, can I just ask -- how CUTE is Cilla in this little piggy costume?! She certainly stole the show & she should have -- can she be any cuter?!?
Once inside the dorms, Austin got to play some games for candy, then we trick-or-treated on two floors of the dorm. Austin got really good at yelling "Trick-or-Treat" to the students, who would just have their dorm room doors open & would be sitting there ready to hand out candy. He was our spokesman, since the two little girls really had no clue what was happening. He had a blast & is already looking forward to more trick-or-treating (and more candy, I'm sure).
Wednesday morning, I made chocolate gravy at Rebekah's house (a favorite of us both!), then we loaded up the kids & headed to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. I was quite impressed... the kids had a blast & the zoo was super clean & fun. It was a lot of fun to get to show the kids so many animals; Austin has been to zoos before, but it was Kaylee's first, and her eyes were big almost the entire time. We even got to hear the big lion roar a few times, which was amazing too!
After the zoo, Kaylee quickly fell asleep in her carseat on our way to a burger place for lunch, so once we got there, I opted to just run in & get our lunch to-go, so I could leave her sleeping & we could go ahead & get on the road back to Round Rock.
We had a great time & we can't wait to see Rebekah, Flint & Cilla again!
Thanks for letting us come stay with you guys -- miss you!!!

2 comments:
SO FUN! Thanks for making the trip to see us!!! We had so much fun! Flint was talking last night about how cute your kids are! I couldn't agree more!!! I am gonna steal some of your pics. Your's are better than mine!
What a fun visit. And she makes the cutest pig I've EVER seen!!!
Post a Comment