I'm asking a special prayer request for my Great Aunt Artie who lives in New Mexico. I got an e-mail yesterday from one of my Mom's cousins telling me that Aunt Artie had fallen the night before & fractured her pelvis. My Aunt Artie & Uncle Dick live in Farmington, New Mexico & have no family close, but their church family always steps in & helps them with whatever they need. Thankfully, they did in this case & got her to the hospital.
The doctors have her on pain reliever to alleviate some of the discomfort she is obviously going through. They want to do surgery on her feet (they turn in on the inner ankles really bad right now, causing her to fall), and she isn't even entertaining the idea of surgery. Aunt Artie has always been strong-willed & if she doesn't want to do something, then it won't be done.
I ask you to pray for Aunt Artie & for Uncle Dick as well. They're not in the best of health & we've been afraid for a few years that something like this would happen & they wouldn't easily be able to bounce back from it. I'm praying that the Lord will do his will in their lives -- if it's not meant for her to walk again, I know she's OK with that, and I pray that she will still be able to live a full & happy life.
Aunt Artie has become extra special to me since my Grannie passed away almost 10 years ago. My Grannie (Buna), and Aunt Artie were sisters, the kind of sisters that were so close that they were inseparable, even if the miles were in the way. After my Grannie passed, I have gotten closer to my Aunt Artie; Mom & I drove out there in 2006 to introduce Austin to my Aunt Artie & Uncle Dick, and then I flew out there with Austin for our family reunion in 2007 (and then found out I was pregnant with Kaylee right when I got back). I send them cards & pictures of the kids in the mail almost every week, and they love it; Uncle Dick calls Austin "Mr. Possum", and Austin just eats it up! They mean the world to me & I think that's why this is extra hard on me.
When you pray tonight, send up an extra prayer for my family. I would appreciate it...

1 comment:
I will say a special pray just for sweet Aunt Artie. Bless her little heart!
Post a Comment