Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A New Chapter


A new chapter in my life (honestly, OUR lives) is about to begin! I've been accepted into Graduate School at Texas Tech! I'm getting my Masters in Family & Consumer Science Education through their inter-institutional "Great Plains IDEA (Interactive Distance Education Alliance) program. That's basically just a fancy way of saying: it's a totally online Masters program that is taught by professors at 4-5 different colleges across the US.

I start classes 3 weeks from tomorrow, and am working on getting registered this week. My degree will also come with teaching certification in Texas, which is excellent, because I would love to either teach high school Family & Consumer Science (Home Ec) classes, or work for Texas Extension. (I just pray I'll be able to find a job when I start looking...)

Keep me in your prayers as I start out on this new adventure. It's been 6 years since I was in school, and this time around should be harder with 2 kids, a part-time job, and keeping my family grounded. I'm just so excited that I'm finally starting on my Masters...

1 comment:

Scott and Jessica said...

Yea!!! This is so exciting! You will LOVE being in school again that it won't seem hard! :)

Keep us updated!