It seems like this summer is just flying by, and I also seem to have less & less time during the day to blog about what we've been up to. Here is my weekly "catch-up" post for everyone...
Last week, I completed my first session of swim classes for this summer. As a lot of you may know, I am deathly afraid of water & couldn't swim up until about 3 years ago when Justin made me take lessons through the City of Round Rock. It had been a while since I had taken lessons, so we decided that retaking those lessons would be beneficial to me since we're out on the lake so much. The teachers were amazing (though all were either in high school or college... young'ins!), and I decided that another session (2 more weeks) would help me even more. I'm on the verge of getting decent at treading water, and have mastered the freestyle swim stroke & breathing. I also need some major work on diving, so I'm working on that this week as well.
While I was at swim lessons one night, the guys decided to try a new circus stunt & impress me once I got home. You can see it in the picture below... Austin's balance is amazing (not sure if other 3-year olds are like this, but his balance is a lot better than mine!), and he's so trusting of Justin! They're always doing some crazy stunt to get my heart racing...
Kaylee is getting bigger by the day. She follows Austin around, doing everything "big" that he's doing, and gets really upset when he "wants to spend some time to himself" (which is how he nicely tells me when he's ready for her to beat it!). Case in point that she does everything he does? The picture below -- her standing on the edge of the coffee table. Austin stands up there & jumps onto the couch, and she has (of course) started doing the same thing... ugh...

No comments:
Post a Comment