On Friday, we decided to try to beat the crazy 4th of July crowds out to the lake, so we loaded up the boat & some friends & headed to Lake Austin for the day! One of my friends in Moms Club kept the kids for us, making it the first time I've ever been on our boat without a child in my lap! (I honestly didn't know what to do with myself for the first hour or so!)
After a delicious lunch at "Ski Shores Cafe" on the lake (yes, we just pulled the boat up to their dock, tied it off & parked right there!), we headed to the cove for the day. When we got there, no boats were tied together, so we just pulled up next to a boat that was anchored & asked if we could tie up to them. They agreed, and before we knew it, boats were tying up to us & there was a line of more than 20-25 boats all tied together in the cove! It was crazy!! (This was my first experience of a cove/lake day on a major holiday & I quickly learned how old I seem to be getting & how skinny all of the girls were that were out there!! I just kept telling myself that probably none of them had already pushed out 2 kids!!)
We had a great time with all of our friends. We invited Brian & Leslie, Brian & Jessica, Brian & Rebecca, (YES -- we had 3 Brians on the boat -- it was a bit confusing!) & Justin's friend, Randy, from work. The sun was hot, but the water was really nice & cold...perfect for July Texas weather!
We stayed until around 5pm, when we all had to leave to get home to pick up our kids and get other things done. The best part of the trip was when I had to drive the truck & boat home that evening, after I had to motor us out of the cove and back the truck/trailer into the lake to load the boat onto it. Needless to say, I guess I got everyone home safely from a fun day on the lake.
I think if I learned anything on Friday, it was that I feel like I'm too old to be going to "party cove" anymore. Justin assured me that we were definitely not the old ones there, but all I seemed to think about all day were the kids...and being inside in the AC! I guess it's good to go out without the kids & have some fun every once in a while, but I can't tell you how happy I was to see both of them that evening once we got home to pick them up! I was so happy to be back...

1 comment:
Yeah, umm...., you're one of the skinny ones chica! Just reading about your partying makes me happy to be home in the A/C. haha. Glad y'all had fun!
Post a Comment