Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Western Caribbean

I have been keeping this under wraps for no other reason that I have had so much going on that I haven't remembered to update my blog with this info...

We are leaving on Sunday morning for a 7-day cruise to the Western Caribbean!  This is our 5th Anniversary trip/gift to eachother & we couldn't be more excited!  We'll leave Galveston on Sunday afternoon, then be in Cozumel, Mexico on Tuesday (where we'll get to Snuba dive!), then on to the Grand Caymans on Wednesday (where we'll swim with the stingrays), and then on to Montego Bay, Jamaica on Thursday (no plans as of yet -- we may just relax & soak up the sun!).  We are so excited about getting to take such a remarkable trip...

Our friends/neighbors, Brian & Leslie, are going with us too!  On our honeymoon, we talked the whole time about how much fun a cruise would be with friends, so we're excited to be able to share all of our trip experiences with them.  

Since this is a kid-less trip, Justin's Mom, Wenona, is coming down on Saturday night & will stay here at our house & keep our kids until Wednesday night when my Mom will come & take over for the 2nd shift of the trip.  I'm so happy that the kids are getting to stay in their own house, in their own beds, and used to their own schedules.  As hard as it will be for me to leave them for a week (I've never left Kaylee before & it's been almost 2 years since I left Austin), I know that this trip will be good for mine & Justin's relationship...and good for us to just get a break & relax.  Justin has been needing a good long break from work for a while, and I just can't wait to soak up some sun & see some gorgeous sights!

The pic above is our actual ship -- the Voyager of the Seas with Royal Caribbean.  I can't wait to take hundreds of pictures...so be ready for some LONG posts once we get back next Sunday, March 8th.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories too!  :)

No comments: