Justin will be running the full marathon -- 26.2 miles. He finished last year in 4:23, so he's hoping to beat his time.
I will only be running the half marathon -- 13.1 miles. (My Mom laughs when I say I'm "only" running 13 miles...) I have never run the Austin Marathon, but my goal is to finish in around 2:27 or less. I ran the 3M a few weeks ago in 2:17 & this course is a bit harder, so I'm hoping it won't take me much over 10 extra minutes to accomplish this task...
Keep us all in your thoughts & in your prayers on Sunday morning. The race starts at 7am, so by 11:30, we should both be done & hanging up our running shoes for a while!!
Justin's parents, sister & her baby are all coming down to watch us race (and to keep the kids during the race), so it'll be nice to have some familiar faces on the sidelines cheering us on. I'll be posting pics early next week!!

1 comment:
Hey Amber! I just discovered your blog and think it is great! Hope you don't mind me keeping up with you and your family over here. I love blogs!
Take care!
Post a Comment