Our Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful this year, unfortunately. However, I was so thankful to get to spend the entire day (and entire 4-day weekend) with my husband & two awesome kids.
Justin just got back last Monday from his annual elk-hunting trip to Colorado. With him came no telling how many pounds of fresh elk meat. Well, we spent 10+ hours on Thanksgiving day processing, cutting, grinding, packaging & freezing elk meat for the upcoming year. My plan was to cook the turkey for dinner, but after the elk took longer than expected, our turkey dinner got postponed to Friday at noon. (Which was fine by me…)
Thursday night, I met up with two of my close friends at 11pm & we went Black Friday shopping. We hit the outlet mall (twice), Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart… and had a blast everywhere we went. I always love going out with the girls on Black Friday -- I didn't buy anything but 4 new white towels at Kohl's, but the memories & fun that we had/made were worth me staying up until 4:30am. Fun times.

No comments:
Post a Comment