Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big News!

No, we're not having another baby…
We're MOVING!

Justin came home a bit over a month ago & suggested we start looking at homes to upgrade to.  I wasn't even in the same ballpark as him thinking about moving at the time, but I quickly agreed to start looking for homes.

After a few weekends of driving around (some with our realtor), we found a few that we really liked.  Made an offer on a nice house on 4 acres in Southwest Austin & they didn't accept… turns out that was for the best because the house had foundation issues.

Fast-forward to the next weekend & we found a beautiful house in Northwest Austin that is only 8 miles from my school… and about 15 miles from Justin's work.  We thought the outside was cute, but was BLOWN AWAY by the upgrades that had been made to the inside of the house.  When we looked at the house & pulled out of the neighborhood, all we could talk about was how we wanted to upgrade the inside of our next house to be exactly like this one.  It was gorgeous.

Well… a few days later, we decided to make an offer on the house.  It had only been on the market for about 4-5 days at this point & we thought we had nothing to lose.  Well… the owners counter-offered, we accepted, and it's been a whirlwind ever since.

We close next week on our new home!  And move in next weekend!
EEKS!

This is all happening so fast, but we're excited for what the future holds…. and I honestly can say I can't wait to move in & actually LIVE in this house.
I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found it & that it's going to be ours.

Here are a few pictures from the listing that was online.  
(Not our furniture, but you'll get the idea of what it looks like…)







When we toured the house originally, I would just melt when I'd walk into each room.  The current owners did ALL of the upgrades themselves -- and I can certainly attest to the fact that they knew what they were doing!  It is gorgeous.

It's a big step for us, but an exciting one at the same time.

Y'all come to Austin & see us!  We'd love to show you our new house (after we finally get everything unboxed, of course!)… ha

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it! Super cute!!!! Congrats!

Rebekah said...

Congrats! Oh, my you have a lot to do. How in the world do you make time for it?! The house is beautiful! So happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the fireplace in the master room and the master bath...gorgeous. So excited for you guys. You and Justin have worked hard and deserve a nice new start. Congrats!

Rachel Lyn said...

Beautiful!