My training season is almost over... I'm only 3 1/2 weeks away from the Austin Marathon! I must say that I have fallen in love with running more this year than I ever have before. Granted, the 5am runs are certainly not my favorite thing in the world (I'd MUCH rather be sleeping), but running has become my outlet, my only "me-time" that I get during the week... and it is much appreciated and prized in my book.
I started training for the marathon in mid-August with the Round Rock Fit training group. I am running and training with one of my Mommy friends, Christa, and have also met a wonderful new friend, Beth, who I enjoy running with & talking to as well. We usually run, talk, run, talk, etc. I do love the "girl time" that I get while I'm running, but they'll both attest to the fact that there's some times that I tell them I'm turning up my iPod & zoning out... which I also love. I have filled my iPod with some great songs that I love listening to -- inspirational Christian songs, latest & greatest hits from all genres, and some oldies that bring back great memories of my high school & college days. (Anyone else would pick up my iPod & not appreciate the mix of music near as much as I do!)
I have seen such a dramatic change in my body during this running season as well. I have dropped about 6 pounds (note that I don't watch what I eat whatsoever, so I'm sure if I would have been doing that this entire time, I would have dropped more), which is good, but my favorite change is the way my body looks. My body has become more lean & toned -- especially in my stomach, which is the only place I have had trouble since I had kids. Even Justin comments at least every-other-day how running has changed my body for the best. Just that alone makes me love running that much more... how it can change my body! Love it!
This weekend is the 3M Half Marathon. This is a race that Justin & I have run for the past 5 years, and we love the course. It's funny how since I'm training for 26.2 miles in the full this year, that this 13.1 mile race this weekend is basically just another training run for me. In past years, this was a BIG race in my book... but this year, I find myself saying, "Oh, it's only a half", or "We only have to run 13.1 miles". ONLY?! When did 13 miles become ONLY?! :)
If anyone reading this post is interested in shedding a few pounds, leaning up their body and feeling better, I highly suggest running! I'm not athletically gifted in any other sport (my high school tennis coach can attest to that), but I've learned that I can do (and I LOVE) running. Make a goal, work toward it, and then soak up every moment of the day you're running your final race.
I'd love to run a sub 2-hour race this weekend, so we'll see what happens. I'm not going to push myself & get hurt before I get to my "big" full marathon in a few weeks, but last year, I finished the 3M race in 2 hours 5 minutes...
Here's to me shaving 5 minutes off that record & finishing under 2 hours!!
Keto recipes
3 years ago

3 comments:
My boyfriend has trained for a marathon and a relay marathon. I think it's amazing and inspirational to hear about someone training and running the race. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs then train for a 5K. I would like to someday build my way up to a 1.2 marathon and who knows, maybe an actual full someday! We'll see! Til then, I will contiune to Jazzercise!!!
Good Luck on the "little" race. :) So proud of you that you have trained for the full marathon this year. What an awesome accomplishment. You'll have to put a "26.2" sticker on your car. I love seeing those around.
Love this post Amber! I love hearing your excitement about the good things running has brought to your life. Be careful on the half and good luck on the full! I'm signing up for the Little Rock 5k! I finally got in with a running group at my church and I'm loving it! I've been training since the 9th only two weeks but keeping my resolve!
Post a Comment