Justin went elk hunting in Colorado a few weeks ago & brought home a cooler full of meat. After 8 hours of processing, we now have a freezer full of meat to get us through until next year when he goes again. He had a great time & had lots of fun stories to share when he got home!
Austin & Kaylee are both still enjoying their Mothers-Day-Out that they attend on Tues/Thurs. Their Christmas program is next week, so I'm anxious to see what they have put together for us to see!
I'm in my last week of fall classes, so I'm frantically working on finishing up my final projects & papers. Next semester will be my student teaching semester, so I'm busy trying to find daycare/preschool options for the kids and get everything lined out for that. My stay-at-home Mommy guilt has already set in, so I pray that I will keep my eye on the prize & the 14 weeks will fly by. I guess since I've never left my kids at a daycare before, I'm just so worried how they'll do... how I'll do... it's just all so new. I'm just praying that God will lead us to a wonderful school that the kids will love and that I will have no qualms about leaving them at.
Thanksgiving was great. We stayed here in Texas, which was nice. I got up that morning & ran the Austin Turkey Trot; it's a 5-mile race downtown. Ends up it was only about 4.25 miles, but I still completed much faster than I expected to. I usually run about a 10 minute mile pace; I completed the Turkey Trot with a 9 minute, 17 second pace! Whew... no wonder I was tired!!
After I got home, I made the turkey & all of the fixin's, we had lunch & then went to Brian & Leslie's to have dessert with them & their family (our adopted Texas family). Fast-forward to us getting home, dragging all of our Christmas stuff out of the attic, putting up the tree, and then me napping for about 45 minutes before I headed out to the outlet mall to meet Leslie for some BLACK FRIDAY shopping! We met up at 10pm and I didn't make it back home until 6:30 the next morning. It was a long, fun night... and I think I'm still tired from it! ha
I have to share a few pics from the past few weeks... especially since I haven't been good at updating my blog lately.
Kaylee helping her Daddy change the oil in the car:
Justin's elk camp & a pic of he & his Dad out hunting:



No comments:
Post a Comment