As always, I'm behind in getting blogs & pictures posted, so here is a jumbled hub-bub of our past few weeks... in no particular order...
This past Saturday was the Home Depot Kids Club. I had gotten up early that morning to go to some garage sales (at which I found some great clothes for the kids at!), and once I got home, I was busy going through my loot & showing Justin. We had totally forgotten until Austin said, "Hey Mom - when are we going to Home Depot?" We quickly loaded up & headed to the Hutto store! The kids made periscopes & they LOVE them. They're always hiding around corners & looking around in their periscopes to see who's there... too cute!!
And, of course, we must find stuff to buy at Home Depot when we're there. Justin had a project going on & needed some wood, so the kids were super pumped to get to ride on one of these carts while Justin pushed!
************************
Kaylee has been a dress-up queen lately. There was one day that she wore a tutu all day long... this blue one is one of the ones that we got as a party favor for all of the little girls that came to her "two-two" birthday party. Reminds me of Cinderella...
This little purple one I found at a garage sale last year. It's the perfect size for her right now, and there have been quite a few nights that she has actually slept in this thing. It's so cute on her, I think!!
***************************
Austin's garden is growing like crazy, and we've already been able to pick a few things. His first tomato turned red the other day, and when we went out to pick it that night, we realized that a bug, bird, or something had taken the liberty and eaten the entire bottom and inside of the tomato! He was bummed, but was still excited that he had grown it!!
This past weekend, his green onions were ready to be eaten, so we pulled those up one day before Justin got home from work. He was SO proud of these because he started them from seeds. I ended up using them in an Asian Coleslaw recipe that I made for the 4th!
Such a handsome little gardener!!
**************************
And what kid doesn't like playing pony with Daddy! I can remember doing this as a child, both with my Dad & with our good friend, Goosey. I have pictures of my brother, our friend Levi, and me all on Goosey's back... and me falling off the back because the boys took up most of the room on his back. Such a cute picture & wonderful memories...

1 comment:
oh how I miss ya'll!!!!! i have a birthday gift for Kaylee. the tutu reminded me of that!
Post a Comment