Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Boots

Kaylee LOVES shoes... my shoes, her shoes, Austin's shoes... she basically just loves trying on & wearing around shoes.

Boots... that's another story. For some reason, she won't even let me get close to her with a pair of boots to put on her little feet. I've tried multiple times with the many pair of cute winter boots I have for her, and every time, she shoots me down & shakes her head "no"...

...until a couple of weeks ago. Austin was at preschool, and Kaylee & I were here at the house doing "girl" things like cleaning out closets & trying on our winter gear for our Thanksgiving trip to Colorado. I found some of her winter boots in a box in her closet & asked if she wanted to try them on. To my surprise, she shook her head "yes"! I was ecstatic! She already had her big, fluffy pink coat on from our try-on session, so we quickly added some boots to go with it!

First off are her pink cowgirl boots. I find these quite sassy with her little bootcut jeans...


But, my favorite (and maybe hers too, judging by the look on her face) are her furry winter boots. I worked quickly at getting her cowboy boots off & getting these on her, all while tucking her jeans down into the tops of them. (I knew my window of her being OK with boots on was slim.) I think she's such the cutie-patootie in these things!! Such a happy girl...


1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

SO sweet! Now if you can just get her to wear them in CO. :)