Our floors are in major need of an extreme makeover! The carpets that the builder put in this house was the lowest-grade (I'm sure) and after just 4 1/2 years (and two kids) later, we are majorly needing to do something different.
My idea was hardwood throughout the entire house. Justin quickly nixed that idea since he's on the floor every night wrestling with Austin & playing around. Plus, I would like to have soft, cushy floors as Kaylee learns to crawl & walk...then we'll deal with getting hardwood in a few more years!
So...the whole house is about to be recarpeted within the next few weeks. EXCEPT for my home office...we opted for hardwood in that room & I LOVE IT! Justin is installing it himself & he's doing an awesome job -- he started last weekend & had to stop for work & business trips this week, but is hoping to finish up tomorrow. I can't wait...it's just so nice & it makes me want it in other rooms too! (We're actually talking about hardwood for our bedroom too, so we'll see what the next few weeks bring...I may be posting pics of hardwood in there too! Yippee!)
Our home office, complete with old carpet, our college degrees & Justin's deer on the wall
(that watches over me as I work at my desk! ha)
Austin thought that since Justin was wearing Crocs & gloves while ripping up the carpet tack strips, he needed the same thing on so he could help his Daddy!
(Excuse the mess in the background...that's all out of our office that I had no place else to go with it!)
Justin working on pulling up the carpet tack strips along the baseboards...
...and the concrete floor beneath that is oh, so cold...
My lovely hardwood in the office...or what is complete so far. The blue strips are tape...something that the installation instructions suggested...who knows. :)
I'll be posting completed pics as soon as he's done. He has a 4-day weekend, so he has a million things on his "to-do" list with this at the top of it! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

1 comment:
It already looks so "warm" in there. And having wood floors is gonna make rolling around in the chair WAY more fun!
Post a Comment