Our 3M Half Marathon is COMPLETE!
It was a BEAUTIFUL morning for running! It was 39 degrees when we left the house this morning & was probably still around that temperature when the buzzer went off for us to start running at 7:00 this morning. I wore a fleece jacket that I quickly yanked off & tossed to the side right after I got past the 1 mile marker. It was just PERFECT weather for running!!!
The race was great -- there were over 4,000 runners and we got to see some great sites all the way from the Arboretum down to the UT campus in downtown Austin!
Justin completed in 1 hour 49 minutes with a pace of 8:21 M miles. (He shaved off 6 minutes from his run last year!)
I completed in 2 hours 17 minutes with a pace of 10:28 M miles. (I shaved off 9 minutes from my run 2 years ago!)
Austin even got in on the fun this year! He ran in a Kids Fun Run (50 yards) at 9:00 am (Justin was done running by then & got to watch him...I was 17 minutes late & missed the whole thing!) & had a blast! He even got a medal to show that he completed his race! He's so proud!
My Mom & sister-in-law came into town this weekend to visit & keep the kids while we ran. They met us at 1 stop along the route & then were there at the finish line for us. It really lifted my spirits to see Austin cheering my on with his "Run Mommy Run" sign on the sidelines -- I ran up quickly & got a kiss from him & that just motivated me more to finish as fast as I could!
Thought I'd share these pictures with you all before I head to bed. My feet are so sore & I have many blisters from the long run this morning, so I'm ready to turn in for the night... Enjoy!
After the race, just past the finish line!
We ALL got medals this year!
Austin & Emma before the Kids Fun Run!
Austin "stretching" before his big run!
Running his race -- Daddy ran along side of him to keep him going!
Hydrating after the big race -- hydration is KEY! :)
So proud! My boys after their races!

3 comments:
CONGRATS!
Great job! I bet you're ready for a nice break from all the running! :-)
I am pretty sure Austin is the cutest runner I have ever seen...sorry Amber and Justin! Amber, you are a stud muffin! You amaze me and are my motivation! Congrats all three Ham runners on great races!
Post a Comment