We just got back home after traveling for 10 days between Arkansas & Oklahoma visiting our families. We got to Berryville, Arkansas on Saturday the 20th to visit Justin's side of the family for 5 days. The weather was COLD while we were there -- I think the lowest that I saw that it got (according to the Springfield, MO weather guy) was 7 degrees. BRRR!! That's hard to take (especially after being spoiled here in Austin for 5 years now!).
We had a great time in Berryville. Justin & his Dad always have projects going on, so I tried to keep the kiddos warm indoors most of the time. Justin's Mom & I ventured out to Eureka Springs one day to do some quick shopping, but got too cold & headed back after just over an hour of shopping.
I did get to travel to Bentonville to have lunch with two of my girlfriends from high school & college...Cheryl & Shannon. We had a long lunch at the Olive Garden & I got to catch up on a lot of things that I miss out on living out-of-state (thanks to my news girl, Cheryl!!). I had a great time getting to visit with them & introduce them to the kids. (Shannon had met them both before, but Cheryl never had...)
Justin's sister, Shelcey, came to Berryville and stayed 2 of the nights that we were there. She brought her little girl, Emilee, along; she was born just 1 day before Kaylee! It was so great getting to watch them play in the floor together...and we both agreed that next Christmas will probably be very eventful for us (and the many more to come, I'm sure). Two little girls at age 1 1/2 & a 4-year old boy will make Christmas SUPER exciting! :)
We had a wonderful dinner on Christmas Eve Eve night at Justin's parents' house, then got up the next morning to open stockings & gifts. This was the highlight of Austin's trip, I'm sure. It's just amazing to watch Christmas through his eyes -- he loves it all & I can see how excited he gets with every aspect of it! We all got some great stuff & appreciate it all...
Christmas Eve night, we loaded up & headed to Myrtie Mae's restaurant in Eureka Springs for the big "Ham Family" dinner. (They used to do a progressive dinner at everyone's houses, but have opted for an easier sit-down dinner the past few years...) After dinner, we went on to Justin's grandparents' house for dessert, a gift exchange & more visiting. I think we left there around 10:00 at night...which put us to my parents' house around 1:00 in the morning.
It was a great visit in Arkansas & here are some of the wonderful pictures from that part of the trip:

Kaylee getting ready for breakfast the first morning in Berryville, while sitting in her Bumbo chair!

Shelcey holding Kaylee & me holding Emilee. Aren't those girls cute?!?

Kaylee & Emilee hanging out on the floor. Kaylee would just sit up & watch as Emilee would army crawl all over the place!
Cutie-pie Emilee... I love her big, beautiful eyes!
I ran to Wal-Mart one afternoon & once I got back, this is how I found Justin & Kaylee. Too cute, huh??
Kaylee with her Pawpaw on Christmas Eve morning

Justin & Shelcey -- He dehydrated about 4 pounds of elk meat for her & gave her a huge sack of jerky for part of her Christmas gift. You would've thought we had just given her a million dollars...she was so excited!!




No comments:
Post a Comment