Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Behind... SO Behind!

I am SO behind in blogging, so the next few posts will be the past 3 months in a nutshell.

Hang on... here we go...

During Spring Break, my Mom came down to see our new house for the first time & spend a few days.  We had a blast!  We shopped for a few small things for the house, spent a lot of time visiting & catching up and she just enjoyed spending time with us & the kids.  It was a good time.


The day my Mom left to drive home, the kids & I met some friends at a local park for a morning of fun.



*******

In April, I took a Friday off work & drove up to Oklahoma/Arkansas.  My "Aunt" Leon that babysat me growing up had gone to the doctor & they found her heart in really bad shape; I really wanted to go spend a full day visiting with her before it was too late.

Since Justin had to work & Austin was in school, Kaylee & I took off of our schools & drove to my parents' house on that Friday.  Mom & Dad kept Kaylee on Saturday while I drove on to Arkansas & spent the day with Aunt Leon...



Aunt Leon was having a great day & we really enjoyed getting to spend time together.
Her great-niece was living with her & had her house looking beautiful on the inside & out... so I took the time to snap some shots of how great it was looking.





***************

Also in April, I helped throw a baby shower for a teacher friend at school.
Kaylee came along & helped me out; my students had a good time keeping her occupied while I got the food ready for the big festivities...




**************

In late April, Austin was nominated for a "Pioneer Pride" award at his school for always listening well & following directions.  The ceremony was before school so Kaylee & I went to cheer him on.

Their favorite part was the donut & juice breakfast before the ceremony started.




***************

Kaylee turned FOUR in mid-May!  I can't believe my "baby" is already FOUR!

We celebrated with a pool party at our new community pool & invited a few friends over.  Pizza & cupcakes rounded out the occasion.  The birthday girl had a great time...








*************

Austin's end-of-year Kindergarten musical & awards ceremony was his last week of school.  He sang with all of the Kinders & then was presented with his awards; he was only ONE day shy of getting the Perfect Attendance Award as well.  Bummer...





**************

Austin's tee-ball season ended & he scooped up his trophy early one Saturday morning at the closing ceremonies.  He had a great time playing again this year & I can honestly say he got pretty good by the end of the season!



**************

This year for Easter, we went back to Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma to ride 4-wheelers & camp out with Justin's parents.  Before we left, the Easter Bunny must've gotten wind of us leaving early, so he dropped off their baskets at the house early.  Yippee!!


Then once we got to the camper, Mimi had made Easter baskets for them as well!
Justin's sisters' daughter, Emilee, (who is 1 day older than Kaylee) came with her Mimi & Pawpaw & camped out with us too, so there were THREE kids to keep up with.  They had a great time together!




******************

Kaylee's birthday was the 16th of May & when Daddy got home that night, she got to open her gifts!
Her first one?  A new scooter!  Whoo-hoo!  
(Austin was really excited because she always rode his... now they both have one!)


*******************

I helped chaperone the prom at my school in late May.
Honestly, I can say it was fun.  I got to dress up, hang out with my other dressed-up teacher friends & see all of my students all decked out as well.

This is me & one of my graduating seniors, Daniella.
I'm gonna miss this girl...


*************

.....more to come!

No comments: