I'm still playing catch-up on my blog posts, so here's some more stuff that happened... er... last month...
The weekend of my marathon & Justin's half-marathon, we had some visitors from Arkansas! Justin's parents & grandparents came down to visit, see our new house, help out with the kids, and cheer us on at our big races.
The day before the race, we went on a short train ride out of Cedar Park. Here we all are at the depot and on the train:
(Justin's grandpa wasn't feeling well this day, so he opted to sit out on the day & stay home)
Sunday morning was our race! This is the race that I'd been training for 6 months for! And I was ready!
Justin's Mom got up with us & went downtown to take pics & cheer us on.
Here we are in Justin's office building before the race:
And downtown just before we went to get in line for the beginning of the race...
The race wasn't that bad. The weather was amazing & I felt great... until about mile 23 when something happened with my left knee. But at that point, the end was totally in sight, so I kept my mind on the finish line.
Our friends, Brian & Leslie, were waiting around mile 23 for me & snapped this pic -- crazy to think I was in extreme pain by the look on my face. I think I was just excited to see someone I knew... it'd been a long 4 hours without seeing anyone I recognized!
When I was rounding the corner to the last turn (the finish line was right in front of the Capitol Building on Congress Avenue), I heard Justin & his Mom yelling my name. They were there cheering me on at the very end! I got an extra boost in my step & finished very strong, of which was proud.
I finished my full marathon (26.2 miles) in 4 hours, 51 minutes. That was 25 minutes faster than my time last year! I was SO happy with my time!!
Justin finished his half marathon (13.1 miles) in 2 hours, 5 minutes -- definitely a great time for him as well!
Some may think I'm crazy, but I'm feeling another marathon coming on in 2013!!




No comments:
Post a Comment