Sunday, October 17, 2010

Big Girl


Yep!  That's right!  Our little miss is officially POTTY TRAINED!  We are so incredibly proud of her & couldn't wait to share the news with everyone!!

Justin told me about 2 weeks ago that if Kaylee wasn't potty-trained by mid-November, he was going to step in & do it "his way" (which was how he potty trained Austin in 2 days... but isn't quite as sweet as how good 'ol Mom would do it!).  He gave me 1 month to do it "my way", so I jumped in & started trying my hardest to get her trained!

She wasn't a big fan of the big potty & potty seat, so I dug through our shed & found Austin's little kid potty from his potty-training days; he hated the thing, and she ended up loving it, so I'm glad I kept it!  Within about 2-3 days, she was pottying in the potty more than she was in her pants... and I am happy to say that she has now gone 2 whole days without any accidents!  No pottying in her pants at night... and she even held it for 4 hours while we were at the lake today, then told me about 5 minutes after we got home that she had to go potty.  What a big girl!

SO... needless to say... we're going to Chuck E. Cheese's tomorrow to celebrate with her POTTY PARTY!  (We did the same thing for Austin -- when they fill up their first potty chart, we have a big party at Chuck E. Cheese's & they get the real "big" undies they've had their eyes on at the store.  Kaylee's will be Elmo undies... she oohs & aahs at them every time we walk down that aisle at Wal-Mart!)  I'll be posting pics from the potty party later this week!

Whoo-hoo!  NO MORE DIAPERS!  (It's the first time in over 5 years that we have not had a child in diapers in this house!  I even sold the changing table this weekend too!  WOOT!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! This is a HUGE accomplishment. Think of the savings! I am so jealous, but I know my time will come. Congratulations Kaylee!